Starch Guard™ is a white granular supplement meant to be top dressed on your horse’s meal. This unique, protected blend of sodium bicarbonate, cobalt, and Vitamin B12 support normal metabolism, promote hind gut health, and reduce inflammation associated with starch consumption which has been investigated in both University and clinical research. This supplement is ideal for obese, insulin resistant, equine metabolic syndrome and Cushing’s horses, but will also support healthy metabolism in normal horses during changes in starch content in pasture during the Spring and Fall.
Note: Starch Guard is competition safe and contains no prohibitive substances.
“My P is a little overweight, in fact he is usually on a diet program. This year we were using Starch Guard and his weight didn’t balloon like it usually does in the Spring.” – Kim, Horse Owner, VA
Prevent the effects of starch consumption:
- Altered microbial function
- Toxin production
- Increased inflammation
- Impaired insulinemic & glycemic response
- Insulin resistance
Starch Guard has been shown in university trials to protect against the effects of starch consumption. Read more…
Case studies have shown that Starch Guard protects horses from changes in starch content in Spring and Fall grass and when grain is over consumed.
- Microbial function was protected
- Reduced inflammation
- Normal insulinemic and glycemic responses
- Protecting horses from obesity, insulin resistance and laminitis
Benefits and Uses:
- Helps maintain a healthy weight
- Protects agains the damaging effects of starch consumption
- Promotes normal metabolism
- Ideal for obese, IR, EMS and Cushings horses
Obese horses – Maintenance – 2 scoops per day. Spring and Fall – 1-2 additional scoops per day
Normal weight horses – Maintenance – 1 scoop per day. Spring and Fall – 1 additional scoop per day
One scoop = 30g